Tuesday, September 28, 2010

6 Weeks Out!



The last week has shown improvements, I have continued to supplement with BCAAs and have been very satisfied with my progress. I created a video displaying my mandatory poses, that shows where my conditioning is thus far – while I'm satisfied with my definition I will have to work on my skills at posing and showcasing my attributes. Posing is an easy aspect to overlook, but just as important as my diet and weight training. Overall, I'm gaining confidence each day and believe I will be a serious contender for the overall novice title.

I have slightly reduced my fat intake, and my protein and carbs have remained the same for the interim. Originally, I have increased my carbs on Mondays, the day I train legs heavily. Now that my bodyfat has decreased, I will be adding slightly more carbs for my second leg day on Thursday. Currently they are as follows:

-275 grams protein
-150 grams carbs
-50 grams fat

I will be consuming 300/carbs on Monday and 225g/carbs Thursday – on these days my fat intake will be slightly lower to compensate for my increased caloric intake. Moreover, my training split has remained consistent – the only change I have made is that instead of focusing on quad dominant movements one day and hamstrings the next, I train them both with equal zest both leg days. Generally, I will lift heavy on Monday, and higher reps and volume on Thursday. 

Here's a quick look:

Sunday: Off (High Intensity Interval Training)
Monday: Legs (Refeed)
Tuesday: Shoulders/Arms (High Intensity Interval Training)
Wednesday: Off (High Intensity Interval Training)
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Chest/Triceps (light cardio)
Saturday: Back/Biceps (light cardio)


Thanks for reading, look for more blog updates and videos to come in the near future!



Questions or comments? You can reach me at andrewbora@live.com



No comments:

Post a Comment