Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leg Training Overview





By request, the following is my leg routine. 
**Note all exercises are preceded by 2-4 warm up sets.

Monday:
A) Front Squats OR Back Squats - 3*3-5 -- near maximal weights
B) Deadlifts (Conventional or Romanian) - 3*3-5 -- near maximal weights
C) Hack Squats OR Leg Press - 4*6
D) Standing Calf Raise 4*8
E) Seated Calf Raise 4*15

Thursday, Super-sets day!
A) Back Squats - warm up, 3-4*10
B1) Hack Squats - warm up, 3*12
B2) Split stance smith machine squats - warm up, 3*15
C1) Quad Extension - warm up, 3*12
C2) Prone Leg Curl - warm up, 3*10
D1) Standing Calf Raise 4*8
D2) Seated Calf Raise 4*15


My legs have historically been one of my weaker points, my calves more specifically. I must train them accordingly and with intensity. Once my calories become low, I will condense my weight training to 4x a week (instead of 5x) and reduce my leg training to 1x a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment